Thursday, January 14, 2010

Month off

Well it's over, being nice to people. I don't have to be nice any more and the instant I stopped, guess what happened?

Some of you might think, "She's so awesome she continued being nice anyway."

Nope. But I'm flattered you think that of me.

Nope. I reverted. Take this facebook Status update from January 1st.

Dear King Douche Bag, if you are an able bodied adult, please do not push your way into the elevator filled with strollers and elderly people and then yell on your cell phone. No one cares you're meeting your friends at the mall, we (the people in the elevator) know you are at the mall, because we were ALL at the mall.... Thank you. It's nice not having to be nice to people like King Douche Bag


Here are some more updates via Facebook:
January 4th

Dear Winter, I'm over it. I'm over the snow and it's prettiness. I'm breaking up with you. It's not me, it's you. You're cold and depressing and I get sick whenever you come to town. Good luck- Erinn


January 6th

Wish I had something clever to say. But sadly I'm too sleepy and sick to be funny.

January 14

I am the most tried human being on the planet. Daughter's asleep already, I might take a cue from her and go to bed. Now. right now


What have I learned? I am the crankiest person ALIVE!!!
Seriously, yesterday I yelled at student so loudly the rest of the class peed themselves a little bit.
Ok that was a joke and a hyperbole but still you get my point.

I need to be nice to people.

But why?
1) It gives me a focus and easy attainable goals.
2) It makes me think about something else that isn't HOW COLD I AM. I hate winter and the arctic wind isn't helping much.
3) The most basic answer, being nice to people makes ME feel good.

So I'm going to start it back up again. Being Nice To Strangers will start back up February 1st and continue until my birthday March 2. It's another 30 days.

But this time it's going to be a little different, this time I'm asking for help.

I'm asking people to do 7 nice things for people during February. They will have 28 days to do 7 nice things and write about their experience.

My goal: Turn this whole thing into a book. Show doing how nice things can be very easy and brighten up someone's day.

Not that I'm trying to start up a whole movement or anything but I want to change the name too. From be nice to a Stranger... drum roll please.... Project Nice.

What do you think?

If you're interest in helping out during February and you have NOT already approached me about it... Please leave a comment below.

More info to come soon.

I'm off to design a cool logo with my subpar PhotoShop skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment