Saturday, December 19, 2009

Day 19 Bought something for a cashier- take two

Bought something for a cashier- take two.
Event done on 12-17

Event:
I love Panera an whole fast food place filled with bread and salad. It's heaven.
Every other Thursday night, my writers group meets at Panera. We take up two tables and about two hours. There's been times where we've closed out the store.

The cashiers at Panera are AWESOME.

After writers group I walked up to one of the cashier. She immediately said she liked my shirt. Victory! It was the validation I needed.
"What's your favorite out of all the yummy desserts?" I pointed to the display of sugary goodness.
She smiled. "I love the bear claws."
"Great, can I have a bear claw?" I smiled.
She happily skipped over to the desserts. "Oh there's only one left. You're so lucky! Do you like almonds?"
"Sure."
She put it in a bag and handed it to me and loudly whispered, "You're getting pretty much the best thing we sell here."
I took it and handed it back to her.

Reaction:
The whole time she had been smiling and grinning but now she was practically glowing.
"Are you serious? For me?"
I nodded. "Yep."
"You came all the way here to buy me a bear claw?"
"Well, no, I came all the way here for my writers group and to buy you a bear claw. Happy holidays and happy Thursday."

Her reaction was so much like mine if someone did that for me. I couldn't stop smiling. I smiled the whole drive home.

Best of all it was something she REALLY wanted.

When I went back to my table to pack up, a long line of people magically appeared. The Cashier was in for a long night, but at least she had a bear claw waiting for her.

Would I do it again? Yes.
Cost: $1.79
Effort: Not much but I did have to pretend I was buying the bear claw for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment